Adding Pictures to a Post

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Adding Pictures to a Post

Postby collectornut60 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:29 am

Hello,

Is there a way to add pictures to a post here for an upcoming sale? I have a total of 14 pictures I want to include and am not sure how to go about it on here.

Thank you for any help given.
Tina
collectornut60

Postby SteveM » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:18 pm

You have to have the image hosted somewhere else then add a special kind of link to it that causes the image to load from that other website but in a way that causes it to display here without needing to click on a link.

Image hosting: I do my own from a PC sitting in home, but this is not for the average user. I believe that image shack might host pictures for free.

Adding the picture: Click the "Img" button when making your post, paste the link to the image you want displayed and then click the "Img" button again.
Example - [img ]http://www.my_server.com/my_photo.jpg[/img] (without the extra space in the first "[img]" tag)
SteveM

Postby collectornut60 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:23 pm

SteveM wrote:You have to have the image hosted somewhere else then add a special kind of link to it that causes the image to load from that other website but in a way that causes it to display here without needing to click on a link.

Image hosting: I do my own from a PC sitting in home, but this is not for the average user. I believe that image shack might host pictures for free.

Adding the picture: Click the "Img" button when making your post, paste the link to the image you want displayed and then click the "Img" button again.
Example - [img ]http://www.my_server.com/my_photo.jpg[/img] (without the extra space in the first "[img]" tag)

Hi SteveM,

Thank you for the information. I do use Photobucket so I should be able to use that when posting.

I'll make sure I click on "preview" before submitting.

Tina
collectornut60

Return to General Building Questions