Electric 302...?

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Electric 302...?

Postby panting007 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:04 am

I am going to try and embark on a project that I can do with relative ease. My son is Autistic and I think that this is something that we both can do together. I Picked up a NIB 302 Cessna 170 for almost nothing the other day. I haven't built a stick-n-paper model for several years. I do remember the jist of it all. With this one I would like to try and make her a simple R/C Electric bird that he can fly. It will have a speed controller and basic rudder and elevator control. I have done some research here on the board, and have a pretty good idea of what I want for electronics and such. The questions I have are as follows:

1) I am lacking a Tx/Rx. As I want to keep this fairly simple and low-budget so as to be understood and followed by my son, Is there a Tx out there that is decent and cost-effective that you all use?

2) Here is a list of my proposed electronics:
a) Motor - Hobby City 7.4v 20c 1811-2000 10G
b) Propellor - Master Airscrew 7x5 MA0750 11G
c) ESC - Turnigy Plush 6A 6G
d) Battery - Rhino 360 360mAh 20c discharge 7.4v LiPo 22.5G
e) Servos - Hobby City EM-43 4.3G

3) How about a decent low-budget battery charger/conditioner?

4) What do you guys use for control surface hinges and horns?

5) Is Testor's Wood Cement still a viable cement for flying models?

Any other input or assistance will be appreciated. If you guys even have some used stuff laying around that you would like to sell cheap, let me know also. Thanks.

Kevin
panting007

Postby Xanadu » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 pm

http://unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBIES/ ... rger_2S~4S

For the charger. Nice unit, works great for my 2s and 3s lipo's, and very affordable.

Buy Zippy or Turnigy batterys, cheap and very good quality.

For control hinges, I use CA hinges. You can buy them at any LHS. You make a slit, slide the hinge in, and drip CA onto it. It wicks thru the hinge and into the wood.
http://unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBIES/ ... 0.3_(10pcs)
Xanadu

Return to General Building Questions