Instrument Panel

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Instrument Panel

Postby Ken Miller » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:21 pm

I am going to be building a cockpit for a #402 P-51 and have searched for hours for instruments to use in the build. I have seen a number of great cockpits with instruments and would like to duplicate the look. Does anyone know where I can buy or download instruments.
Ken Miller

Postby BillParker » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:23 pm

um... like?:

or:

or:

William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby Ken Miller » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Bill, that is the look I would love to come up with. I know that you build much larger than the 1:16 scale with 28" wingspan that I am working on. In looking for instruments but can only find for 1:5 scale or larger or 1:32 or smaller. The range between seems to have a void. I have considered buying the smaller scale and blowimg them up.

I keep finding a reference to Waldron Model Products but apparently they are out of business as the telephone number is a very nice lady who says she has had that number for three years. The email address comes back as invalid.
Ken Miller

Postby BillParker » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:05 pm

actually I don't do cockpits at all... *G* I just paint the windows white and let you use your imagination... *LOL*

get you a block of wood, and start whittling... Paint her up purty and stick it in there. You can do it!

bp
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby cliffm » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:16 pm

I am in total agreement with Bill on this. Recently doing the nose on the B-17 and creating a bombsight, the side 50's with ammo boxxes and belts ,a fire extinguisher and one of the yellow oxygen tanks was it's own reward. Knowing that no one else has one like it brings its own prestige in originality. Sharpening your skills with the tools required in succesfully completing these optional complements to your model is part of the fulfillments of the passion for the hobby. Whatever, if it puts a smile on you I'd say mission accomplished.
cliffm

cockpit instruments

Postby icedriller123 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:15 pm

try Arizonia Modelers for instruments
icedriller123

Return to General Building Questions