Moral booster

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Moral booster

Postby cliffm » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:30 pm

I started out to finish the 3 500 series kits and after completion of my p-40 and 90% of the Hellcat with the no-fly weather -20thru-50 below wind chill my attention has been diverted to the B-17. What a beautiful kit this has turned out to be. The die-cut parts are compareable to laser cut as they almost fall out of the sheets. I could'nt ask for nicer fuselage formers as there were only 2 pieces needing minor attention after cutting the stringer notches. As far as that goes the 500 series kits are surprisingly free of the die-crunched fluff parts that it seems there is always one to a kit. The B-17 should put a smile on any modelers face!
cliffm

Postby Xanadu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:25 am

Yeah, I agree the cold weather has been really sucking here too up her in Manitoba. Last few days have been extremely windy as well.

I have the B-17, and I was lucky enough to get good quality die cut as well. I have not built it yet, bu went thru it all and it looks super to say the least.

Can hardly wait to see your build pics, etc.
Xanadu

Postby Xanadu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:53 am

When your born and raised in this weather you get used to it. But it still does suck once it gets below the -15 mark.
Lots of indoor activities, etc. Or you can suck it up, dress warm and get yer' butt out and have some winter fun.

No worse than being too hot out down in NM, at least we can can dress warm enough to stay comfortable. If its too hot, pretty hard to dress down past the point of naked. And I am sure Patches does not appreciate a naked guy running around his domain doing wood craft and art work.........

:lol:

Flying in this weather is possible, but my cheapo props snap extremely easy, and battery's do not last as long. Biggest pain is if I don;'t make it back to "home base" , have to trudge thru the snow banks across the field to get it. At least I have no worries about scorpions, rattle snakes, and tarantula's........ :shock:
Just the snow snakes........scared the beegeebee's out of me a few times, but you get used to them after a while. They don't bite, just looking for a warm pant leg to slither up into. :wink:
Xanadu

Postby Xanadu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Darn...........I meant to say Arizona, not NM........ :oops:

50 right now................sigh............ :( Yesterday was -38* with the wind chill. Today, no wind and its a balmy -17* Just came in from stripping parts out an old car out in the field, better choice to do that today than yesterday with 25 mph winds, in -20.
Xanadu

Postby Xanadu » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:49 pm

David Duckett wrote:Yeah, but what does it do for morals? :oops:

Well, I just went out into my shop earlier today and opened a new kit I bought..............whoo whoo...can hardly get started!

Now that was a moral uplift.

This time I am scanning all the parts before building, this way I have have spare templates for when needed. I had trying to piece shattered and crushed balsa back together to make a replacement part template.
Xanadu

Postby BillParker » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:22 pm

we all know what you snow birds do when it get that cold outside...

down here, we just play golf...
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby SteveM » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:25 am

Moral: of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior.
SteveM

Postby Xanadu » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:25 am

SteveM wrote:Moral: of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior.

We are having some tongue and cheek humor here, not a spelling bee........ :lol:
Xanadu

Postby BillParker » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:54 am

Ha Ha! I thought it was about what snowbords do when it gets cold...

:twisted:
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby Xanadu » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Told you before, it gets so cold up here, keyboards and brains don't mix well. Having a few beers while surfing the net doesn't help much either though.
Xanadu

Return to General Building Questions