Bird-Dog

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Bird-Dog

Postby Gil » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:17 pm

I'm a new member, and building my first Balsa Kit, the Bird-Dog…well…restarting my build I started 5 yrs ago…and am learning a lot via this BB, but I don't see any posts regarding the Bird-Dog?
Who has built a Bird-Dog? Any suggestions/ideas? Or things the instructions didn't add?
I am having fun but found mistakes from when I first started…e.g. glued one piece in upside down…so now could use some ideas about Un-gluing? Or is is called De-bonding?
Anybody in the Lakeland/Central Florida area?
Thanks,
Gil
Gil

Postby John G Jedinak » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:13 pm

First tip: Use Elmers white glue. It is water based. Make a mistake...add a little moisture to the joint and wiggle lose. This may take some patience,a few more drops of water and the hobby knife into the joint but, I guarantee it works. Just yesterday mis-aligned a former and had to remove to re-position. In this case it took me less than a couple of minutes to free the part. Dried the areas with a hair dryer and back to work in about 10"....Luck JGJ
John G Jedinak

Postby r wheatley » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:08 pm

hello Gil. actually I'm working on the bird dog now, wings are covered and am almost ready to assemble the plane. it is a nice little kit, just a little fragile, but finishes up pretty strong, best advice I have is take your time, and read and re- read the plans. good luck and good flying

Ronnie
r wheatley

Return to General Building Questions