HobbyLite

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

HobbyLite

Postby Ken Miller » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:18 pm

I am planking the 503 Hellcat and have a question about using HobbyLite to fill in. I have read just about everything on the subject in both this forum and at the VirtualAerodrome but have not seen anyone discuss how to apply the filler. I have seen some people use carpenter glue thinned an painted on while the instructions on HollbLite say to use a spatula or spoon. I have used my fingers to apply some for testing. I have seen some of the work and I will never approach that work but want my builds to be as good as possible. Thanks for any help.
Ken Miller

Postby Ken Miller » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Looking forward to any help you can give me Dave.
Ken Miller

Postby John G Jedinak » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:32 pm

Another excellent tutorial from Mr. Duckett. Thank you, David.
John G Jedinak

Postby Ken Miller » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Dave, thank you very much for the information. I was expecting a sentence explaing what I needed and you gave me a complete tutorial. This was very appreciated.

Your tutorial did raise one question about sanding. Is it best to use a sanding block or just your hands/fingers for sanding?

I was talking to my grandkids a while back about the airplanes my father made prior to and after WWII. He built and filled in with balsa and as a result of that conversation I decided to start building, as I had never built models before. The only remaining plane he built I will need to try and dig out of the boxes of stuff from multiple moves over the years. I believe the plane may have been a P-26 Peashooter. If I can find it I will post a picture of it.

Again thanks for all of the info.
Ken Miller

Return to General Building Questions