900 series P-51

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

900 series P-51

Postby wingnut » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:48 pm

Well hi everybody! I just recently got back into building models again after about 10 years or so. For my first project I decided on the 900 series P-51, because it's supposedly a little more beginner friendly than others, and there is something about those mustangs... I really am excited about getting back into this, and pleased with my build, compared to some fine examples of my craftsmanship at 14... :P lets just say I've improved.

Now that I've found these forums and read up, I realized there are perhaps some modifications I should make to this kit, specifically the thrust bearing/nose block. Since I've already constructed the kit, and still would like a shot at flying it does anybody have any suggestions for some surgery that would allow me to use a decent motor and adjust thrust. I'm planning on ordering some peck props, anything else I should add to that order (besides rubber of course)

Next up is the 900 series Typhoon, which I've manufactured my own version of a nose block for, then on to the 500 series for now.

But anyway, here is my baby. Weight is 30g including kit prop and motor. A few wrinkles in the covering (lesson number one: USE QUALITY TISSUE, lesson number 2: PRACTICE ) :D
Image[/img]
not your average nut.
wingnut

Postby BillParker » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:47 pm

simply put: GORGEOUS!

Well done sir!

bp
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Return to General Building Questions