Guillows Fokker D1 Build

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Postby Von Wolfkill » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:58 pm

So Alcohol dose what over hot water? Dose it pull the tissue tighter?
I've been gluing one edge with straight white glue. Then pulling it tight and gluing the other side the same way. After getting the tissue glue to dry on the second edge. I spray it with hot water and white glue mix. 30/70 to get the tissue to shrink for me. The frames are done with 50/50 water white glue mix.
Should I put alcohol on the tissue before the 30/70 mix or after.
I know I'm picking your brain a little here LOL.
Any help is always very appreciated.
I can build the frames top notch smooth as glass and seamless. Covering them and getting them to FLY well LOL.
Waiting for my boy to get old enough to build one of his own
Von Wolfkill

Postby scigs30 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:02 pm

I like alcohol because it dries fast and prevents warps. Water tends to soak the wood and cause warps. Now if you have a small stubborn wrinkle, then you can brush water onto that spot. I have never sprayed 50/50 water and glue mixture. I only use the mixture to apply the tissue to the frame.
scigs30

Postby Von Wolfkill » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Cool I'll give that a try. The alcohol sounds like the way to go. I cant use Aero Gloss in the house the women folk start on me. So I was using that to seal the tissue for paint made more watery 30/70 do I really need to do that or can I just air brush over the tissue after I get it to shrink.
Thanks again
Waiting for my boy to get old enough to build one of his own
Von Wolfkill

Previous

Return to General Building Questions