Details

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Details

Postby neil_1821 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:07 pm

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum but not to planes. I started out flying R/C planes and later went on to gain my commercial pilots license but have yet to find a job.

Anyway short introduction aside, I'm currenty building the small guillows spitfire. 16.5" wingspan model, decided to make it as a present to my granpa for Christmas.

Now to me a well built model is only as good as the finish on it and was wondering if you could provide me with any tips on how to weatherbthe plane. I am planning on airbrushing it and using a pencil for pannel detailing and wear marks but wondering what else I can add
neil_1821

Postby cliffm » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Guesing you are looking for some protection from dust and moisture, if you are using the old nitrates and butyrates just put a nice even coat over the entire plane, and if you are doing the white glue route get yourself a spray can of satin clear or regular clear if you want the high gloss. This may help save it from the indesriminating duster or plant feeder. Welcome to the forum and good luck to your future in aviation.Hope this helps.
cliffm

Return to General Building Questions