SDB-3 Dauntless (1003) door catch question

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

SDB-3 Dauntless (1003) door catch question

Postby perkinbr » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:57 pm

So I'm working on a Dauntless SDB-3 and I've run into a silly problem, and was wondering if you guys had any ideas.

N-18 and N-19 are supposed to be door catches for the life-raft and radio compartments. I think I've done a pretty good job of making the part as pictured on the plan, but I can't for the life of me figure out how it's supposed to be installed.

Did anyone else run into this? Or did you just ignore the plan and do something else?
perkinbr

Postby cliffm » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:12 pm

Putting my own Dauntless I see what you mean. I very carefully cut the door out part way leaving about 3/16 of the material intact and re-inforcing the small bit with a strip of cloth gluing it on directly over the now to be hinge. As for the latch I took about a 1/4" square of balsa, drilled a hole about the same size as the latch wire and glued this to the box behind the stringer thus giving me a" boss" to put the latch through.I know its a little while ago seeing this thread but better late than whatever.Hope this might help. cliffm
cliffm

Postby icedriller123 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Is this a static model or are you putting an engine in it? I'm getting ready to build one, I'd like to go .09R/C. What'a ya think? :?:
icedriller123

Postby cliffm » Sun May 09, 2010 11:11 am

With all the wing area and room inside you should'nt have too many problems. It would be a nice one to have retracts and the whole sha-bang.
cliffm

Return to General Building Questions