Guillow's Product line

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Re: Guillows kits

Postby dbcisco » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:16 pm

cliffm wrote:the folks in this profession are so grossly underpaid it is criminal negligence on our part as citizens to turn our backs to this situation. the credentials required for the positions are far too costly for anyone wanting to live above poverty level to consider devoting their lives for such small monetary compensation.

Agreed. I have been teaching for 12 years and the idiocy of our State and local governements have made the kids' workload so high (more than I had to get a 3.85 GPA at Penn State) that many of them have little time for any hobby that takes as much time as building a balsa model. I do try and get them interested in historyand RC aircraft as well as computer sciences (what I teach). I often use the saying, "It is easier to put a computer together than to build a model airplane." If the school would let me, I could easily incorporate model building into my curriculum. Learning to following directions, developing eye hand coordination etc. don't have to be "work". Alas, school is supposed to be miserable and mostly useless for the rest of your life isn't it? That has been that mindset for over 2,000 years (I also have degrees in history and anthroplogy) I don't think the mindset will change anytime soon.
A bumblebee isn't supposed to fly but does.
My plane is supposed to fly but doesn't.
Balances out doesn't it : )
dbcisco

Previous

Return to General Building Questions