Guillow series 500

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Postby RG WILLIAMS » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:37 am

FLYBOYZ,
You could add a spar,about the size of a chopstick, under the wing and connect the gear to it.You could use a small carbon fiber rod.
I was thinking of starting a project such as you describe . My pick would be a high wing AC. The Super Cubs and Cessna 70 by Guillow are already potentially very good flyers and I think would have fewer conversion challenges.
rg
RG WILLIAMS

Postby FLYBOYZ » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:16 pm

The super cub I can get!Really thinking about this one.The F6F has became a wall hanger. Very nice but needs 1/2 inch nut for nose weight.This is my fault I rework it later.Makes nice display.Thinking of grabing the spitz too why Iam at it And see just how lite I can get her!

Keeping it real
FLYBOYZ

Postby RG WILLIAMS » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:43 pm

FLYBOYZ,

From other posts, if looks like the Spitfire is a great looking model,but a difficult one to fly. COG too close to the nose of the model.Too much lumber in the tail.
I plan to stick to the high wing models after I complete the Mustang. I may even build some planes form the free plans offered on line by some of the free flight clubs.
AC I Have.

Guillows Arrow. Needs covering.
Piper Super Cub- 20 inch ws Unopened box. Also by Guillows.
900 series P-51 - Working on.
F6F Hellcat. Unopened box. $7 with HobbyLobby 40% off coupon. May return for a refund and use the money for building supplies, or use the money for a "contest type" flying model.
I will also attempt to find a free flight club in my area.
RG WILLIAMS

Postby supercruiser » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:51 pm

RG WILLIAMS wrote:I will also attempt to find a free flight club in my area.

What part of the country are you located?
supercruiser

Postby FLYBOYZ » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:15 pm

MR Williams My F6F really did fly to my amazement I build the tail too havey again trying to rig up a radio.But wow it really flew with a 1/2 inch nut in the nose!Flew about the distance as my P40 warhawk close to 30 feet! Now you have to realize Iam not trying to get over this 30 feet make this is all tall grass beyond that is open field!This is my test area.If I put tow more rubbers in my F6F think she would really go might try it one day.Iam fairly new at this free flight stuff.Find it to be very much fun.I had decided not to get the spitz but after seeing my F6F Hellcat fly I want it now.

Vitural Arodrme .com Pictures of my F6F
FLYBOYZ

Postby thymekiller » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:15 pm

Congratulations !!!! Its really good to hear your excitement. This hobby is SO COOL !!!
8) 8)
thymekiller
"...the road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
thymekiller

Area Flying Clubs

Postby RG WILLIAMS » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:04 am

Supercruiser,
I live between Arlington and Fort Worth Texas.
rg
RG WILLIAMS

Previous

Return to General Building Questions