B-25 Mitchell and Avenger kit for sale

Ask other modelers for a little help / knowledge ?

Postby Erwin » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:34 am

Hi all ,

Selling these kits

I'm located in Belgium/Europe. So sales might be limited to Europe only due to high postage accross the ocean.

Prices do not incluide postage. Postage inside Europe for B-25 kit =19 Euros ( NL + LUX = 13 Euros)

Image 40 Euros

Image7 Euros

Or both for 45 Euros
Erwin

Postby Erwin » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:40 am

Forgot to add.

Payment inside Europe by BIC/IBAN or Euros cash at own risk.
Erwin

Postby H65 Driver » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:09 am

As someone who's built both, I can tell you that those are certainly two great kits. However, I'd think that you might have better luck selling them on E-Bay. Also, it might be more appropriate than trying to try to sell the kits on Guillow's own website. Seems a bit unfair to the company who has gone through the trouble to provide this forum for enthusiasts to discuss their hobby.

Just my unsolicited two cents (or .02 euros, depending on the exchange rate). Not sure if anyone else agrees or could set me straight on the issue. I'd imagine that if Guillow's doesn't ship to international customers (I don't know), it would be hard to say that this is inappropriate competition.
H65 Driver

Re: B-25 Mitchell and Avenger kit for sale

Postby Erwin » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:14 am

H65 Driver wrote:As someone who's built both, I can tell you that those are certainly two great kits. However, I'd think that you might have better luck selling them on E-Bay. Also, it might be more appropriate than trying to try to sell the kits on Guillow's own website. Seems a bit unfair to the company who has gone through the trouble to provide this forum for enthusiasts to discuss their hobby.

Just my unsolicited two cents (or .02 euros, depending on the exchange rate). Not sure if anyone else agrees or could set me straight on the issue. I'd imagine that if Guillow's doesn't ship to international customers (I don't know), it would be hard to say that this is inappropriate competition.

I never looked at it that way.

If the Moderator feels this posting to be unappropriate,then he can always delete this. No hard feelings.

But look at it this way.

These model were payed for some time ago by me. So it's fair to say that Guillows did do some bussiness (profit) on them.
Erwin

Postby John G. Jedinak » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:09 pm

I'm in agreement, this site should NOT be used to solicit sales of any kind.
John G. Jedinak

okay, let's see:

Postby BillParker » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:15 pm

okay, let's see:

1 Euro = 1.3009 U.S. dollars

45 euros = $58.5405 USD...

prolly plus another 40 euros to get it to Texas... $52.036 USD...

Erwin, Dude, sell em on E-bay! :evil:
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby SteveM » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:58 pm

The Terms of Use posted above in a sticky do not address offering items for sale. My opinion is that if someone wants offer Guillow's kits for sale then so be it, just keep in mind that there is a higher risk involved as you are trusting the other person to not scam you. In this case no one expects the kits to be purchased by someone living in the states, that will be sill as Bill's math showed, but to someone in or near the UK it could be a great help and a bargain.

I personally purchased kits offered for sale on this forum by a fellow who's father had just passed away and he just wanted to get rid of them all as quickly and as easily as possible. Now I have a stash of kits that I got at a great bargain and was able to send a couple of them to some nice fellows that I felt a debt of gratitude to for being generous to me. So within reason, why not allow the occasional posting of for sale and wanted items directly relating to Guillow's models?
SteveM

So, you're the one!

Postby BillParker » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Steve! Well done! I wondered who got those kits. the young fellow that sold em to you lives about 40 miles form here over by NASA. (Houston is seriously big)

His wife, graciously scanned the Mossy plans and sent em to me before you guys did your bidness.

Anyway, just glad all those kits went to a good home.

bp
William H. Parker Jr. (Bill Parker)
President, Parker Information Resources
http://www.parkerinfo.com/ap.htm bparker@parkerinfo.com
BillParker

Postby thymekiller » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:23 pm

Of course it falls on Guillows to decide. The question does have two sides. I wonder if it would be good to "keep it in the family" ? Putting it on the bay' wont help Guillows sales eighter.
Curious to see how the powers that be feel about this topic. Perhaps a section for the out of production, collector stuff.
I would feel funny offering or buying a kit, that they currently produce, on their on site. They offer a free site with no spam or ads. I'm concerned about the ettiquite. I would have no problems with gift or prize giving.

thymekiller
"...the road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
thymekiller

Postby Erwin » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:03 am

Hi all,

I seemed to have stirred up a sensitive subject.

My idea by posting these kits on this site is simply because they will be bought by someboddy that knows Guillows kit and will build them.

Please don't let this turn into a heated debate.

I call on the Moderator to delete this topic and let the whiole thing die down.
Erwin

Postby thymekiller » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:08 am

Its not a heated debate. I mostly agree with your thinking about selling to someone who loves Guillows.
I'm new here and dont know the rules, so I'm just asking, thats all. No hard feelings intended.
I'm not a collector, but am curious about a swap meet/collector corner.
I do kinda wish Mark would direct us on this one. I know its not their habit to get involved unless its drastic, so this must not be a big concern for them. We can wait awhile for a response. Maybe Mark doesent check in everyday.

thymekiller
"...the road goes on forever, and the party never ends..."
thymekiller

Postby H65 Driver » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:03 pm

I certainly meant no offense either, Erwin. I'm new to the board, too though I've "lurked" for a while. The idea of selling your Guillow's kits on Guillow's site just struck me as odd for some reason.

Now that SteveM brings it up though, I do remember the kits that he graciously took off someone's hands and shared with others. I can see how that case and yours are both somewhat "special situations" as yours would benefit European hobbyists more than those in the U.S. And your point that you've already purchased them (retail, I'd assume) from Guillow's is well-taken.

Good luck!
H65 Driver

Return to General Building Questions